About the area
- Local businesses and events in Ruthin
- Ruthin Civic society – Find out about the Open Doors event
- Clwydian Range and Dee Valley AONB – find out about this stunning area: its landscape, heritage and wildlife.
- More about the Clwydian Range area.
Things to do, places to see
- Mountain biking? This area has something for everyone, from family cycling to challenging black routes. Ride North Wales website has all the details to help you plan your route.
- Coed Llandegla: mountain bike trails and Walks in Coed Llandegla Forest
- Offa’s Dyke Path – plan your walk and stay with us: we’re really close to the trail
- One Planet Adventure – based at Coed Llandegla. MTB courses, bike hire and a great cafe.
- Ruthin Craft Centre – The Centre for the Applied Arts. Three galleries, artist studios, shop and a another great cafe for lunch
- Ruthin Art Trail enjoy a leisurely stroll around the historic market town
- Glan Y Gors Go Karting at Cerrigydrudion near Corwen, fun for all the family.
- Medieval Feasts at Ruthin Castle or an afternoon tea and explore the dungeons!
- Ruthin Forward lists local events
- The Plassey near Wrexham has a great childrens play area, restaurant and shops
- Bodnant Garden is a National Trust Property. See also the rather fabulous Erddig Hall and Chirk Castle
- Park Hall Farm near Oswestry has lots for children to do in all weathers all year round.
Where to eat
Some great places to eat locally: here are our pick of the best.
- The Drovers Arms, our local pub in Rhewl
- Sugar Plum Tea Room, Rhewl, a short walk form Tyddyn Isaf
- Vale Country Club on the Ruthin/Mold road
- Three Pigeons Graigefechan
- ManorHaus, Ruthin